Choosing the Best Outboard Boat Propeller
Piranha Boat Propeller Advantage!
The boat propeller hub on a Piranha is so strong we guarantee it for life. If you damage It, We Will Replace It!
Composite Boat Propellers
- Most Economical to purchase
- Costs less to replace than it does to repair an aluminum or Stainless Steel prop.
- Most Corrosion resistant
- Easy replacement on boat
- Lightest weight, easy to carry spares on board.
- Blades on Piranha Boat Propeller will absorb impact energy of a prop strike saving the lower unit.
- Can only be replaced, cannot be repaired.
- Hydrobite Technology only available on Piranha Propellers
Aluminum Boat Propellers
- Less expensive than stainless steel boat propellers
- Light weight
- Large range of aluminum props available for most horsepower ranges.
- Can be repaired by trained technicians
- Will damage easily when exposed to sandbars, small rocks, and mud.
- Requires more time and expense than composite propellers to repair or replace
- Requires coat monitoring for corrosion resistance
Stainless Boat Propellers
- Most Durable boat prop.
- High performance because blades are thin.
- Can have thinner blades than aluminum because of material strength.
- Most expensive boat prop
- Costly replacement or repair
- Lower Unit damage due to prop strikes.
- Heavy blades damage lower unit gears.
Piranha Propellers come in sizes that fit 6 horsepower to 280 horsepower outboard motors and sterndrive systems.
Piranha Propellers come in a wide range of pitch sizes.
Affordable, Replaceable, alternative to metal boat props.
Have 3 blade and 4 blade options